SCOPE is registered under "Societies Registration Act 1860" as a non-governmental organization (NGO). SCOPE is enlisted by Income Tax Department as an NGO, under Income Tax Ordinance 2001 and donations received by it are tax exempted.
Associations / Accreditations:
- Roster Status with United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Member of International Land Coalition (ILC)
- Member Environmental Liaison International (ELCI)
- Member of Drynet
- Member of Climate Action Network South Asia (CANSA)
- Member of Freshwater Action Network (FAN)
- Member of Global Water Partnership (GWP)
- Member of Health Care Without Harm Alliance, IPEN Network
- Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide (E-Law)
- Accredited with Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- Accredited with United Nations Conferences and Conventions such as UNCED, UN CSD, UN CCD, UN CBD, UN FCCC
Where We Work:
Most of our work is of networking, capacity building and advocacy in nature which is spread over national, regional and global scale. However we believe in solid action and implement projects in the field. For last 22 years, SCOPE has been focusing on four districts in Sindh, Pakistan.
List of BOD & Executive Body | As of December 31, 2014:
The Managing Committee is comprising over following persons are as under;
|SR#||List of BOD & Executive Body||Designation||CNIC#|
|1||Mr. Syed Mati-ur-Rehman s/o Syed Hafeez-ur-Rehman||President||42101946630-7|
|2||Mr. Muhammad Usman Iqbal s/o Iqbal Ahmed Siddiqui||Vice President||422012245073-9|
|3||Mr. Syed Kamal Ahmed s/o Syed Iqbal Ahmed||General Secretary||425012390024-7|
|4||Mr. Tanveer Arif s/o Sher Mohammad||Chief Executive Officer||420000454138-5|
|5||Mr. Shakeel Ghouri s/o Abdul Rasheed Ghouri||Joint Secretary||423013481397-1|
|6||Mr. Shabbir Khan s/o Roshan Din||Finance Secretary||425018075855-3|
|7||Mr. Syed Ghalib Shabbir Rizvi s/o Syed Shabbir Hussain Rizvi||Member||422010186117-9|
|8||Mr. Syed Jaffer Hussain Jaffery s/o Syed Muzaffar Hussain Jaffery||Member||422012080022-5|
Besides these bodies "SCOPE" also have a 'Technical Advisory Committee' so it has an eminent persons from various environment related disciplines such as environment, agriculture, rural development, forestry, analytical chemistry and water treatment etc.
Financial Audit Reports:
SCOPE gets its accounts audited by the recognized and registered firms of chartered accountants on annual basis. The reports are shared with concerned donors and partners.
See Financial Audit Reports 2011
See Financial Audit Reports 2012